Sometimes… We all get in “a mood.” That mood when nothing feels like it’s going right, you don’t really want to try anymore, and it sounds like a better idea to face plant into a bucket of fried chicken (idk why that’s my example, I don’t even like fried chicken) than to go on with your day. That was yesterday evening and quite honestly most of this morning. Typically, I have some strategies to combat this mood:
1. Move. Walking, yoga, running, whatever. I did this last night (90 min of yoga) and this morning (walked the pups). Unfortunately yoga was less than relaxing and the pups were naughty.
2. Make/drink tea. I did this, too. It tasted like shit.
3. Clean and make your space more “sacred” or whatever. Did this for well over an hour and realized I’d need a whole day for it to look decent, but at least the bathroom is slightly less gross.
4. Cook. I made meatballs last night. They were fine. Mostly overlooked and more work than they were worth. I don’t like meat that much. Meh.
5. Writing down all the things I’m grateful for and/or meditate. I did this too, and it was probably the only thing that helped.
6. Actually face plant into fried bucket of chicken (or ice cream or whatever). I feel like after trying ALL of the self care things you can possibly think of, if you’re still a miserable bitch, maybe you just need the damn fried chicken.
So I didn’t necessarily go the face plant route, but I certainly felt like it after all of my usual strategies fail. Regardless, absolutely wasnt “perfect” today. I feel like the fact that by the end of the day I had taken 2 walks, did 75 minutes of yoga, and didn’t “face plant” is a complete win for today. And you know what? By the end of the day, my mood/funk had significantly improved. Maybe there’s something to indulging a little and moving on? Anyway, here’s what the day looked like:
Breakfast – lame and rushed because I walked the pups for longer than anticipated, but I will say, Rx bars are delicious.
Lunch was leftovers from the previous evening but I skipped the noodles and did lots of extra kale with the meatballs this time.
My snack was kombucha (which we lovingly call booch), an apple, and 1 dark chocolate square.
Dinner was amazing and I’m irritated that I didn’t get a picture bc it was the only pretty thing I ate today and also wasn’t eaten at a desk. It was roasted Delicata squash, cauliflower, chickpeas, and kale with a lemon tahini dressing. Seriously. So good. My “mini face plant” was ~a glass and a half of wine and some dried mango while watching football, which now that I’m writing it out, doesn’t seem so bad.